Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide advice and analysis to Leadership Team on all Operational Risk matters.
- Coach and support business resources on how to apply, manage and monitor the effective operation of ORMF policies and standards including effective identification, reporting and management of key operational risk issues.
- Lead the identification of emerging operational risk issues that affect the country and develop policies and processes to comply with or mitigate such risks.
- Manage the Operational Risk and Compliance Committee (OPCO) process.
- Manage and embed the incident management process including the monitoring, provision of advice and an independent view regarding the management of incidents.
- Manage the Risk and Control Assessment process and report key risk changes to leadership on the
country risk profile.
- Manage the Business Controls management and spot check process.
- Coordinate and manage fraud investigations for staff malpractice or misconduct, customer based fraud and ensure appropriate risk mitigation strategies are in place.
- Monitor effectiveness of business risk practices, highlights gaps/out of appetite risk and escalate as required.
- Provide operational risk sign o on new business initiatives / projects.
- Manage the rendition of various risk assessment reports to regulators.
- Establish staff adequacy and expertise, effective use of resources, coaching, talent development
and succession planning.
Essential Qualifications, Professional Skills & Experience:
- Tertiary or professional qualifications in business or related discipline.
- 5 plus years’ experience in financial services risk or similar role.
- Good understanding of operational risk, compliance and regulatory.
- Strong understanding of AML regulatory requirements.
- Good knowledge and experience in Bank processes and procedures.
Salary will commensurate with skills and experience of the successful candidate.
If you think you have the appropriate skills and experiences to perform this role, send your application and detailed CV to:
The Manager Corporate Services, Freda Fa’aitoa via mail or email to FFaaitoa@bsp.com.sb
The successful applicant must:
- Provide a copy of police Clearance certificate issued within the last 12 months.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviews.
Applications close at 4:00pm on Wednesday 5th October, 2022.